To preserve, protect and interpret the 1754 National Historic Landmark Fort, Store, House and Tenement on the Kennebec River in Maine's Capitol City.
Please join us for our last special event of the year:
Victorian Christmas - Open House!
Saturday, November 30th
Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of an Old Time Christmas!
- Take a ride to the Fort on a horse-drawn hay wagon from downtown, where you can warm yourself by an 18th century hearth fire and sample holiday refreshments of times past.
- Period rooms will be decked with holiday decor and music will fill the air from an old Victrola to immerse your senses into days of yore.
- Children and adults can listen to candlight readings of Clement Moore's 1823 "Twas the Night Before Christmas" by Saint Nicholas and much, much more!
- Our giftshop will be open for holiday shopping at the main entrance
- At 5:00pm, don't miss the City of Augusta holiday Tree Lighting at Market Square!