Please click here for Hatch Hill Holiday Schedule
Follow the Hatch Hill Methane Project - click here
E-Waste Collection Saturday September 8th - click here for details
Here is the program in a nutshell....
- There are now four large single stream recycling containers located in Augusta. One is at Public Works (55 North Street) Monday - Friday 7am-4pm closed weekends and all legal holidays, another at City Center in the back parking lot which is open 24/7, the 3rd container which opened for business on January 6, 2016 is located at Buker Center in the back parking lot near the south end of the playground this one is also available 24/7. The 3 previously listed sites are for Augusta residents ONLY and are free of charge. The last container is located at Hatch Hill (112 Hatch Hill Road), this is accessible during normal operating hours Tuesday to Saturday 8 am to 4 pm and is free of charge (single sort recycling ONLY)
- People are encouraged to use their own reusable containers to store their recyclables. A new recycling bin will not be provided.
- The City’s curbside recycling will continue as it currently, as a program where sorted material can be placed at the curb. The City does not have the resources ( truck or facilities at Hatch Hill) to collect single stream recycling curbside; any single stream material put out curbside will not be picked up. Note: the curbside program will be discontinued effective April 30, 2016. Anyone wishing to recycle will need to bring their items to one of the 4 locations listed above.
- Ecomaine has provided informational material for us to hand out (including the do’s and don’ts for what can be recycled through their program and what cannot) and information is also located on the City’s web page and various city FB and Twitter sites.
- Communities that use Hatch Hill for their solid waste disposal will have access to the container at Hatch Hill.
Please click here for more information in regards to this website/program
This information has been supplied by The Prevention Center at Maine General Medical Center. Information for upcoming events will be updated as they become available.
The attached document (click the "Unwanted Medications - Proper Disposal" title above) tells you how to properly dispose of your unwanted medications. There are also 2 video links below which may be of interest: