Solid Waste Disposal manages the Hatch Hill Solid Waste Disposal Facility that serves Augusta and eight surrounding communities with its landfill, transfer station and recycling program. Hatch Hill is located on Route 105 (So. Belfast Ave.) and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 207-626-2440. Permits for use of the facility are available at Hatch Hill or the City Center in the Bureau of Treasury and Tax Collector.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC - THE HATCH HILL SOLID WASTE FACILITY IS OPEN; HOWEVER NEW HOURS (UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THIS VIRUS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING) ARE MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 8AM - 4PM CREDIT AND/OR DEBIT CARD ONLY)
Please click here for Hatch Hill Holiday Schedule
Follow the Hatch Hill Methane Project - click here
Is your town one of the Hatch Hill Contracting Communities? click here to find out. (Hatch Hill ONLY accepts wastes from these communities)
Here is the program in a nutshell....
- There are now TWO large single stream recycling containers located in Augusta.
Single sort containers are located at the following location for Augusta residents:
Public Works - 55 North Street - open Monday-Friday 7am to 4pm (no charge), extended hours on Wednesdays until 6pm
- Hatch Hill Landfill - 112 Hatch Hill Road - open Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm -
- People are encouraged to use their own reusable containers to store their recyclables. A new recycling bin will not be provided.
- Ecomaine has provided informational material for us to hand out (including the do’s and don’ts for what can be recycled through their program and what cannot) and information is also located on the City’s web page and various city FB and Twitter sites.
- Communities that use Hatch Hill for their solid waste disposal will have access to the container at Hatch Hill.
Please click here for more information in regards to this website/program
This information has been supplied by The Prevention Center at Maine General Medical Center. Information for upcoming events will be updated as they become available.
The attached document (click the "Unwanted Medications - Proper Disposal" title above) tells you how to properly dispose of your unwanted medications. There are also 2 video links below which may be of interest: