Hatch Hill Solid Waste and Recycling Facility - Special Holiday Hours
December 2018 to January 2019
In observance of the upcoming holidays, the operating hours at Hatch Hill are as follows:
Christmas and New Year’s holiday weeks
Monday, December 24 - Christmas Eve 8:00 a. m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 25 - Christmas Day Closed
Wednesday, December 26 to Saturday, December 29 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday, December 31, 2018 New Year’s Eve 8:00 a. m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 1, 2019 - New Year’s Day Closed
Wednesday, January 2 to Saturday, January 5 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please click here for Hatch Hill Holiday Schedule
Follow the Hatch Hill Methane Project - click here
Here is the program in a nutshell....
- There are now four large single stream recycling containers located in Augusta.
Single sort containers are located at the following locations for Augusta residents:
- Public Works - 55 North Street - open Monday-Friday 7am to 4pm (no charge)
- City Center - 16 Cony Street (in back parking lot), open 24 hours a day/7 days a week (no charge)
- NEW Location: Auguta Police Deprtment- 33 Union Street (location is the parking lot to the left of the Police Station), open 24 hours a day/7 days a week (no charge)
- Hatch Hill Landfill - 112 Hatch Hill Road - open Tuesday - Saturday 8am to 4pm - Augusta and contracting communities (no charge)
- People are encouraged to use their own reusable containers to store their recyclables. A new recycling bin will not be provided.
- Ecomaine has provided informational material for us to hand out (including the do’s and don’ts for what can be recycled through their program and what cannot) and information is also located on the City’s web page and various city FB and Twitter sites.
- Communities that use Hatch Hill for their solid waste disposal will have access to the container at Hatch Hill.
Please click here for more information in regards to this website/program
This information has been supplied by The Prevention Center at Maine General Medical Center. Information for upcoming events will be updated as they become available.
The attached document (click the "Unwanted Medications - Proper Disposal" title above) tells you how to properly dispose of your unwanted medications. There are also 2 video links below which may be of interest: