The Regular Municipal Election is Tuesday, November 2, 2021 to fill the following positions:
These positions are all for three year terms expiring December 31, 2024.
City Mayor David Rollins
City Councilor, Ward 2 Kevin Judkins
City Councilor, At-Large Marci Alexander
Board of Education, Ward 3 Mary Michaud
Board of Education, At-Large Pia Holmes
Board of Education, At-Large Kevin Lamoreau
- Mayor and Chairperson for School Board are required to obtain not less than 200 signatures from any registered voters in Augusta.
- City Council and School Board At-Large are required to obtain not less than 100 signatures from any registered voters in Augusta.
- City Council and School Board by ward are required to obtain not less than 50 signatures from registered voters in Augusta, in the ward being sought.
Candidates Should Know Before Nomination Petitions (Papers) Are Issued:
- Candidate must be a registered voter in Augusta. If nomination papers are for a ward position the candidate must live in that ward.
- Candidates name and address must appear on each nomination petition form as it appears on the voting list (no nicknames).
- Candidate or their representative must sign out nomination petition. (Candidate may make copies of the blank petition forms as needed)
- There is no limit to the number of nomination petition forms that may be issued to a candidate, each petition form contains 50 signature lines.
- Candidate can have other registered voters circulate nomination petition forms to gather signatures on their behalf. The circulator of the nomination petitions must witness each signature.
- Candidates are required to file a Clean Election Registration form at the time they file their nomination petition forms and before they accept any contributions or make any expenditures, including “in kind”.
- Candidates must sign at least one candidate consent statement prior to the filing of the nomination petitions.
Nomination Petition forms are available at the City Clerk’s Office:
Beginning on Friday, July 23, 2021 at 7:45am
Ending on Friday, September 1, 2021 to 4:30pm
Nomination Petitions must be filed at the City Clerk’s Office: (set by Charter Art V, Sec. 5)
Beginning on Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 7:45am
Ending on Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:30pm
Interested residents should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 626-2310.