NOTICE TO RESIDENTS
Please remember that the winter parking ban is now in effect and with the exception of the east side of Commercial St., you cannot leave your car parked on a City street between the hours of 10 PM and 7:00 AM. Vehicles in violation of this City Ordinance can and likely will be towed. The following is the section of the City Ordinance that allows us to enforce the overnight parking ban.
City of Augusta Code of Ordinances, Chapter 18, Section 68 (Nighttime Parking Not to Hinder Snow Removal):
No person shall park or permit a vehicle to remain parked in any street of the city, with the exception of the east side of Commercial Street between Oak Street and Water Street, between midnight and 7:00 a.m. from November 15 to April 15, since such parking or remaining parked vehicles may interfere with snowplowing or the loading or removal of snow from such street.
- Downtown Overnight Parking Locations During Plowing and Maintenance Events
- Downtown Winter Parking Brochure
- Mailbox Policy
- Snow Removal & Winter Operations Information
- Special Winter Parking Bans
- Winter Overnight Parking Ban Reminder
- Winter Overnight Parking & Snow Removal Notifications
- Winter Parking Ban Ordinance
- Winter Sand
- Winter Treatment Snow Brochure