City Of Augusta Childcare
The City of Augusta Child Care Bureau provides quality childcare in a safe environment for families and children enrolled. Through activities, we will involve, challenge, intrigue and assist children in ways that enhance their character and develop their minds and bodies.
The City of Augusta School Age Childcare Program operates with a philosophy of service to the children, parents and community. For children, the program offers a safe, supportive environment that encourages creativity and positive self-esteem. This is accomplished through wholesome and fun activities; including age appropriate education activities, arts and crafts, literacy activities, creative play, and nutritious snacks. For parents, the program offers affordable childcare with dependable scheduling and flexible enrollment policies. For the community, the program provides support for families of local business, social services, and school.
City of Augusta Childcare offers School Year and Summer Camp care programs for children grades K through 6th. Childcare offers multiple care options.
** 2022 SUMMER DAY CAMP - CHILDCARE INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE APRIL 2022**
School Year Childcare Cost & Hours 2021-2022
- The Before Care program operates daily 6:30am - 8:00am M-F at Buker Community Center. Children will need to be here NO later than 7:40a.m. -$35/wk per child
- Families who are enrolled in ONLY before care are responsible to pay for the slot of care for the 39 weeks of the school year regardless of absence. *Before Care only includes additional delayed starts due to weather, NO other extended care options are included*
- The After Care program operates daily 2:30pm - 5:30pm Mon,Tue,Thurs,Fri and 12:00p-5:30p on Wed at Buker Community Center.-$70/wk per child
- After Care slots include the following extended care options for our families: Early Release Days and snow days. Families who are enrolled in After Care are responsible to pay the same weekly fee the 39 school weeks of the school year, regardless of absence. Families who need childcare on vacation weeks (Christmas, February Vacation and April Vacation) need to sign up for vacation care as well!
- Children will be bussed from each elementary school over to Buker between 2:45pm-3:00pm M,T,Th,F and W 12:00-12:30.
- Before Care & After Care, a weekly $5 discount will be applied to the 39 weeks of the school year. This package will be $100.00 a week per child. Please read the above descriptions for times. Families who need childcare on vacation weeks (Christmas, February Vacation and April Vacation) need to sign up for vacation care as well! -$100/wk per child
- The Vacation Care option is available for families who require care for vacation weeks. All Vacation Care is offered at the Buker Center 6:30am - 5:30pm. Vacation Care does not include drop-in Snow Day Care. -$130/wk per child
City of Augusta Childcare will do their best to adapt to changes that may happen in the Augusta School Department during the school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This may affect hours and pricing. Program is subject to change without notice, however we will give as much notice as we possibly can. Childcare will follow all recommendations regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic from the CDC and State of Maine.
City of Augusta Childcare's registration applications are submitted online through MyRec. This system also allows for you to make payments online at your convince and manage your child(ren)'s care accounts. To submit your registration, first you will need to create an account, if you do not already have one. Once that is set up, fill out a registration application for all children you wish to enroll. Setting up a MyRec account does NOT fully enroll your child in childcare. You will receive a confirmation from the office. Summer Camp is a separate program from School Year Care and registrations will need to be submitted when registration opens in the spring.
Buker Community Center
22 Armory Street
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: (207) 626-2350
Fax: (207) 620-8800
7:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Child Care Director: Bethany Sproul-LeBrun
Phone: (207) 626-2350 x 4233
Deputy Director: Christy Baker
Phone: (207) 626-2350 x 4234