November 2, 2021
The Regular Municipal Election is Tuesday, November 2, 2021 to fill the following positions:
These positions are all for three year terms expiring December 31, 2024.
City Mayor David Rollins
City Councilor, Ward 2 Kevin Judkins
City Councilor, At-Large Marci Alexander
Board of Education, Ward 3 Mary Michaud
Board of Education, At-Large Pia Holmes
Board of Education, At-Large Kevin Lamoreau
- Mayor and Chairperson for School Board are required to obtain not less than 200 signatures from any registered voters in Augusta.
- City Council and School Board At-Large are required to obtain not less than 100 signatures from any registered voters in Augusta.
- City Council and School Board by ward are required to obtain not less than 50 signatures from registered voters in Augusta, in the ward being sought.
Candidates Should Know Before Nomination Petitions (Papers) Are Issued:
- Candidate must be a registered voter in Augusta. If nomination papers are for a ward position the candidate must live in that ward.
- Candidates name and address must appear on each nomination petition form as it appears on the voting list (no nicknames).
- Candidate or their representative must sign out nomination petition. (Candidate may make copies of the blank petition forms as needed)
- There is no limit to the number of nomination petition forms that may be issued to a candidate, each petition form contains 50 signature lines.
- Candidate can have other registered voters circulate nomination petition forms to gather signatures on their behalf. The circulator of the nomination petitions must witness each signature.
- Candidates are required to file a Clean Election Registration form at the time they file their nomination petition forms and before they accept any contributions or make any expenditures, including “in kind”.
- Candidates must sign at least one candidate consent statement prior to the filing of the nomination petitions.
Nomination Petition forms are available at the City Clerk’s Office:
Beginning on Friday, July 23, 2021 at 7:45am
Ending on Friday, September 1, 2021 to 4:30pm
Nomination Petitions must be filed at the City Clerk’s Office: (set by Charter Art V, Sec. 5)
Beginning on Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 7:45am
Ending on Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:30pm
Interested residents should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 626-2310.
June 15, 2021 - School Budget Validation & Special Referendum Election
November 3, 2020 - General Election and City of Augusta's Municipal Election
Certified Voting Results for July 14, 2020
Certified Voting Results for March 3, 2020 Election
Certified Voting Results for Nov 5, 2019 Election
If you are a voter with a disability that makes it difficult for you to use a paper ballot, you can request an accessible ballot by one of the following:
Local Election Only: Contact the City Clerk's Office at 207-626-2310 or Email your request to email@example.com
For State & Local Elections combined: Accessible Ballot
Ranked-choice voting in Maine (explainer animation):
This animated video provides voters with an explanation of the voting process, tabulation and all other aspects of voting in an RCV election.
DS200 Voting Machine Demo
Voter Information on Registering to Vote and Casting your ballot is available from the Secretary of State's Office
Contact Voters Registration with your questions!
City Center Plaza
16 Cony Street
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: (207) 626-2310
Fax: (207) 620-8127
M-F, 7:45am - 4:30pm
Where do I find election results?
June 12, 2018 Election Results
State of Maine Referendum
State of Maine Democratic Primary
State of Maine Republican Primary
City of Augusta Candidate, Referendum and School Budget Validation
Results for the November 7, 2017 State and City Elections
State of Maine Referendum
City of Augusta Candidate Election
City of Augusta Referendum Election
Results of the June 13, 2017 Election
State of Maine - Bond Issue
City of Augusta - Candidate Ballot (City Councilor and Board of Education, At-Large)
City of Augusta - School Budget Validation
Results of the November 8, 2016 Election
NOVEMBER_8_2016_-_CITY_OF_AUGUSTA - ELECTION RESULTS
Placement of Political Signs
Where do I vote on Election Day?
Ward 1: Buker Community Center - 22 Armory Street
Ward 2: City Center - 16 Cony Street
Ward 3: Civic Center - 76 Community Drive
Ward 4: Cony High School - 60 Pierce Drive
Poll hours: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
To find your Ward (W-P), Senate District (SS), and Representative District (SR) refer to the Augusta Street list link
Augusta Street List
Find your polling place by street address search on Maine.gov