1. What is the Program's Philosophy:
To provide a warm and nurturing environment where children can grow and be as children should be. It is our desire to promote the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of each child in accordance with his/her individual needs and abilities.
2. What is Licensed School-Age Child Care?
a. School Age Child Care refers to care given for children and youth between the ages of five and 13 (in this state), during their out-of-school time while their parents/guardians are working, in training or need a safe place for their children to be. This includes before-school programs, after-school programs, Vacation Care, Snow Day Care, Workshop Days, Early Release Days and Summer Vacation Care.
b. Each site is licensed through the Department of Health and Human Services as a Day Care Center. Each site is licensed for a certain number of children. Ratios between staff and children by licensing standards are 13:1; our programs maintain a 10:1 ratio.
3. What schools are the child care programs at?
Before and After School programs are located in Gilbert, Farrington, Lincoln Schools, Hussey.
4. Who do I call if my child is NOT going to attend after school childcare for the day?
You would call the Childcare office @ 626-2350 or the childcare site. (Gilbert- 458-7947); (Farrington- 458-7946), (Lincoln- 242-1903), (Hussey- 458-7927)
You also need to let the school know if you are planning to have your child go home on the bus instead of being in childcare.
5. Where is ALL-Day Care located?
All-Day Care is located at Buker Community Center
*ER days care remains at each site.
6. How do I enroll my child?
Applications are on the web-site along with at Buker Community Center. While enrolling your child, IF you have any questions or concerns regarding your child attending childcare please ask to talk with the Childcare Director.
7. When are PAYMENTS due?
Payments are DUE the Friday prior to the week of care. If payments are NOT received by Friday of the week of care you will receive a "reminder" telephone call and if by the second week the payment has STILL not been received a letter will be sent to the site terminating care.
8. Do I have to pay EVEN though my child does not attend for a week during the school year?
Yes. You have contracted childcare for the school year. The ONLY exception to this is for vacation weeks for parents paying ala-carte.
9. Can I sign my child up ONLY for Workshop Days, Snow Days, ER, and Vacation Days?
Yes but you must sign them up BEFORE the given day. We do NOT provide "drop-in" care. If you sign your child up for these days and they DO NOT attend you are still responsible for paying for the day.
10. What does my child NEED to bring to Childcare?
On All Day Child Care Days ( Workshop Days, Snow days, Vacation Days) children NEED to bring their own LUNCH.
Breakfast and an afternoon snack are provided.
- appropriate footwear for indoor and outdoor play.
- appropriate jackets or sweatshirts as the weather changes. Boots, snow pants, gloves, and hats for the winter months as the children go out each day.
- in the winter PLEASE send a pair of indoor shoes along with boots.
PLEASE do NOT let your children bring toys from home for before or afterschool care. During all day care toys from home are allowed. At any point that the toys become an issue they will be taken from your child and given to you when you come to pick your child up from care.
**please label all of your children's clothing
11. What is the Quality Rating System (QRS) for childcare?
Maine's Quality Rating System is a voluntary four step program designed to increase awareness of the basic standards of ealry care and education, to recognize and support providers who are providing care above and beyond those standards, and to educate families and community about what high quality care is and why it is so important.